Since I have been here a little over a week I figured I would share what is going on down here. Every morning we have a Bible study I think it is a really good way to start my day. Each day someone else picks a part of the bible that has been on their heart and shares about it. Everyday we generally have some sort of outreach. During this past week I was able to meet new people from the neighboring villages. We had a bible study on Tuesday for the adults and kids and tought some kids about the tower of Babel. Wednesday Doug, Keala and I went to visit a few people. It was amazing to see how happy the people were even though they barely had anything. They even gave us shrimp and fish, which we used to make Ceviche. I love the food here! On Thursday we went into the town of Boca Del Rio, which is less than 5 minutes away, and had a women's bible study. The women just finished a book about being godly wives. Friday was youth group again and we were taught that we are called to follow God even if it isnt our will. On Saturday there was a wedding for two people that the Coult's know. It was very similar to an American wedding. Both the bride and groom were christians so it was very Christ centered and I thought that was very cool. I would say the thing that was the most different from American weddings was the fact that people didnt dance afterwards, even though there was music. On Sunday we went to church. Doug preached because the head pastor had gotten sick. The service was in a super small town and only 4 of the villagers came. There is always someone to help around here and always a guest or two here.
This week I think we will start trying to get girls motivated to become a part of a small group. I am excited to see what God has in store for me here. I think I fit in pretty well and can't wait for my spanish to get even better so I can grow closer to people.
Thank You for all your love and prayers,
Hailey Holden
Good to hear from you. You sound busy and happy. Prayers for this weeks efforts going up.
ReplyDeleteProud of you sis! Love you!
ReplyDeleteSo thankful you are able to share your experiences with us. You are an inspiration to all of your friends and family. Sending our prayers! Love you, Dad :)
ReplyDelete